|[ about | the game | overview ]
It's a new can of Worms! The follow-up to the highly successful, ultra-playable Worms is here! And it smacks
one hell of a punch! Worms Armageddon is quite simply the biggest and the best, and it's packed full of goodies
Worms Armageddon, it's a Blast!
This is the funniest and most addictive game you'll ever play - hilarious fun that you can enjoy anywhere,
anytime. Worms is a turn based strategy game but the real buzz is from watching the devastation caused by those
pesky Worms with those fantastic weapons - sneaky little blighters with a bad attitude!
|[ about | the game | features ]
- Wacky new scenarios for generated levels
- 28 generated levels which make billions of possibilities
- 30+ gorgeous new custom levels for Mission & Training games.
- 50 custom levels
- New animations, weapons, effects and incidentals
- All new front-end menu system and presentation
- New fades, wipes, dissolves, 'Batman' style explosions
- New screen resolution options, up to 1024x768!
- 11 new ambient tracks
- Approximately 60 minutes worth of new music
- New soundbanks (including 18 new voice-sets): Brummie, Cad, Cockney Geezer, Cyber Worm, Drill Seargent, Formula 1, Finnish, Irish, Kidz, Raj, Rasta, Redneck Male, Russian, Stooges, Thespian, Trotsky, US Sports, Whoopsie
- Approximately 50 different voice-sets
- New "mission win" and "mission lose" tunes
- New sound fx for new weapons and utilities
- Complete new WormNET environment, using T17 protocol (not direct-play as in Worms 2)
- Easier hosting and playing
- Connect to WormNET via any WormNET server: see all users in the same place)
- IRC style chat support & functionality
New Utility Crate Drops
- Aqua Sheep (Upgrade to Super Sheep, underwater sheep!)
- Girder Starter Kit (Allows user to quickly build a bridge on one turn)
- Earthquake (Shakes the ground, moving Worms/objects)
- Flame Thrower (Firey fun for all)
- French Sheep Strike (Send burning Sheep tumbling down)
- Freeze (Lock your Worms in a block of ice for a turn)
- Skunk (Releases a toxic cloud and infects Worms up-wind)
- Indian Nuclear Test (Powerful nuke, which sinks land, shakes Worms)
- Long Bow (Fire arrows that stick into the land and can be climbed on, or shot at Worms)
- Mole Bomb (Digging creature, end tunnel fights)
- Mine Strike (Send a boat load of new mines tumbling down)
- Scales Of Justice (Redistributes all energy of all Worms in play to an equal level)
- Sheep Launcher (Fire a projectile sheep)
- Suicide Bomb (Explode your Worm, with toxic aftertaste)
- Worm Select (The ability to reselect another of your Worms)
New game modes
- Fast Walk (Walk very fast)
- Laser Target (All guns, Kamikaze, Long Bow get computer aided sights)
- Invisibility (Your Worms disappear, unless hit, until they fire a weapon)
- Low Gravity (Means super jumps and distorted gravity during your turn)
- Jet Pack (fly around in style)
- Double Time (Instant, doubles the time you have on your turn)
- Crate Shower (Drops more crates)
- Crate Spy (Reveals contents of crates)
- Double Damage (Double damage on your turn)
- Sheep Racing (Collect as many object as possible in 2 minutes)
- Crazy Crates (Collect crates using the rope)
- Euthanasia (Get the Old Women)
- Artillery Practice (Blow up targets using grenades)
- Rifle Range (General Training)
- Basic training (rewards medals which open up additional training missions)
- Single player missions on all new custom levels.
- Single player Death Match
- Handicapping (Ability to add or deduct energy from a team)
- Allies (Arrange the six teams to ally with each other in any combination)
- Anti-Stockpiling (Just get one set of weapons on the first round and no more!)
- Ability to select a special weapon that your team can use & take into battle (choose from eight)
- Ability to select a special gravestone and fanfare for your team.
- All new landscape editor, far more powerful than before
- New landscape template styles
- Ability to load any image as a custom level, including full colour graphics!
- Donor Cards (last Worm leaves any special weapons)
- Home runs!
- All new weapons/option editors, schemes and friendly interface
- Bridges are back!